Thursday, January 22, 2015

Where to Begin?


I decided to start blogging about my life.  Mainly about my life now that I have a TBI.  Those of us who have a TBI know that each day brings about new struggles.  So when I sat down to start writing, I was like, where do I begin?  I have lived 18 years with a TBI now, I'm writing a book about how I got it, I don't want to have to start all over again.  So I decided I am just going to start from now, today, this very minute.  All the other stuff you can find out by reading my book when it is finally completed.

So lets get right to it.  I'm tired.  I have TBI related fatigue and my neurologist has finally diagnosed me with narcolepsy.  I need medication.  He gave me some samples that worked great, kept me awake and alert all day.  Something I have not experienced in 18 years.  Usually, I have to take at least 2 naps a day.  But the medication he gave me is expensive and now my insurance company is making me go through all of these tests to determine if the medication is really necessary.  I am unable to get appointments to undergo these tests until mid to late Feb so until then, I must struggle again with the constant fatigue.

So what does that mean to me right now, right this minute?  Well, it means the triple shot latte I just drank has done absolutely nothing to help and my brain is starting to shut down, my eyes are heavy, i'm getting cranky and I feel awful.  So my friends, I am going to go take a nap and will try to write some more later.  But I will leave you with this.  This is me, this is my life, this is the real deal.  Some days are better than others, but every day is a struggle.  I face each struggle head-on, I may complain, I may bitch and moan and even curse at times, but, I deal with it and I keep moving forward.  So welcome to my TBI blog.  Now where did I put my blankie??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog